- Strawberry Jam: In small heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium heat, combine sugar and 1 tbsp water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute or until sugar has dissolved. Stir in chopped strawberries; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until strawberries break down and mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and mash with fork. Let cool completely; set aside.
- Strawberry Blondies: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper so that paper overhangs the edges for easy removal; set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together brown sugar and melted butter until moistened. Add in egg, egg yolk, flour, cornstarch, salt and baking powder. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Using a tablespoon measure, make 9 equal indentations into batter. Dollop 1 tablespoon of Strawberry Jam into each indentation. Using a teaspoon measure, swirl jam into batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Let cool completely on wire rack.
Tip: Strawberry Glaze: In food processor or blender, combine 2 cups sifted icing sugar, 2 tsp Strawberry Jam and four fresh strawberries. Pulse for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Using a piping bag fitted with an open circular tip, drizzle glaze over blondies (alternatively, use a spatula to spread glaze over blondies). Let stand for 1 to 2 hours or until glaze is hardened and set. Cut into bars.