- 2 cups Foxy Strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, divided
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each ground cloves and allspice
- 2 tbsp green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
Strawberry Glazed Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix together pork, beef, bread crumbs, grated onion, egg, garlic, 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Roll into 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Arrange meatballs on large baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large high-sided skillet set over medium heat; cook red onion, garlic, ginger and chili flakes for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. In small bowl, whisk together ketchup, cider vinegar, brown sugar, honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cinnamon, remaining nutmeg, cloves and allspice; stir into skillet along with strawberries. Return to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring often, for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Add meatballs to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until meatballs are well coated. Garnish with green onions before serving.
Tips: For serving, hold in slow cooker or Instant Pot set on warming function.