- Buttermilk Pancakes: In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk. Stir in melted butter. Pour buttermilk mixture over flour mixture. Whisk until just combined. (Do not overmix. A few lumps are OK.) Let batter rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Fold in diced strawberries.
- Heat large skillet or griddle over medium heat; brush with some of the oil. (Once skillet is hot, adjust heat if needed to medium-low.) Place 2 or 3 prepared heart-shaped pancake molds in skillet. Pour 1/4 cup batter into each mold. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles start to form and edges are set. Remove molds; flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden on the bottom. Repeat with remaining batter, wiping molds and skillet clean and brushing with more oil as needed. (If desired, keep cooked pancakes warm in a 200°F oven.)
- Strawberry Syrup: Meanwhile, in large skillet set over medium heat, combine sliced strawberries, sugar, maple syrup and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until sugar is melted and thickened enough to coat back of spoon. Let cool completely. In blender, purée until smooth.
- Serve pancakes with strawberry syrup and garnish with halved strawberries. Dust with icing sugar.
Strawberry syrup: Instead of puréeing syrup in a blender, mash and strain through fine-mesh sieve arranged over a bowl (discard solids).
Garnish pancakes with dollop of whipped cream, yogurt, crème fraîche or sour cream, if desired.