- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
Strawberry Mango Salsa
- Hull and chop strawberries. In bowl, combine chopped strawberries and sugar. Let stand for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Add mango, red onion, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to macerated strawberries. Mix well.
- Serve as an accompaniment to grilled chicken, steak, pork or sausages.
- Serve as an appetizer topping for toasted baguette crostini and Brie cheese.