- 1 pkg (15.25 oz) white cake mix
- 1 pkg (1 lb) Foxy Strawberries, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pkg (8 oz) brick-style plain cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 35% heavy cream
- 1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted
Strawberry Shorcake in a Jar
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; let cool completely. Tear cake into enough pieces to make 3 cups (reserve remaining cake for another use).
- Meanwhile, cut 3 strawberries in half lengthwise; set aside. Hull and slice remaining strawberries; toss with granulated sugar and lemon juice. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese with vanilla until light and fluffy. In separate bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; beat in icing sugar. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese until blended.
- Layer half of the torn cake pieces, sliced strawberries and cream cheese mixture among 6 (1-cup) jars. Repeat layers. Garnish each serving with halved strawberry.
Tip: Substitute mascarpone cheese for cream cheese if desired.